Monday, September 24, 2012

Worthy of emulation!



I read the Washington post on “the world’s 15 happiest countries”. Find it here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/the-worlds-15-happiest-countries/2012/03/29/gIQA6ZIFkS_gallery.html#photo=1

These countries where ranked the happiest--Denmark, Sweden, Canada, Australia, Finland, Venezuela, Israel, New Zealand, Netherlands, Panama, United States, Austria, and Costa Rica. By the way, Israel and New Zealand, Finland and Venezuela, Netherlands and Panama, each had a tie.

I thought to myself; what was the yardstick for this measurement? Is it the economic strength of a country and its people? I refuse to accept this ranking/rating.

In my opinion, China is one of the happiest countries in the world. Here is why: every Chinese I have ever met had a playful characteristics, and a smile to top it, even when we met as strangers.

The other day, I met a group of Chinese students and the same characteristics graced their presence. I was forced to rate China as number 1 happiest country in the world. My yardstick for measurement is an unofficial attitude, wrapped with a smile that tells me there is nothing to worry about.

China to me is the happiest country in the world, and worthy of emulation too.


Worthy of emulation!
You can write comments at the bottom of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment