Monday, September 3, 2012

Simple courtesy for responsible living - 70

When you are given a gift willingly by someone, learn how to receive by taking it and saying, “thank you”. And when you loan money from friends, keep to your promise of returning same, and if you can’t keep-up with payments, courtesy demands that you let the lender know about the issues you have at hand that is stopping you from keeping to your end of the bargain. Finally, there are gifts one will receive that are not really a gift, but a test.

The other day I asked my boss if she could assist me with 20 bucks, and that I will return it the next day, as I needed to buy something instantly. She assisted me with it and made this comment, “please use it and do not bother to pay back”. I nodded, and the next day returned it to her. That was my wisdom. She laughed and said, “please come back take it” and I said, “no please, I promised I was going to return it and I should do just that.”

Manners and consideration should come to play in situations as this, not only on the fact that the lender worked hard for their money, but that promises of return should be kept. Correct?


Simple courtesy for responsible living - 70
You can write comments at the bottom of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment