Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hook yourself up...!


“I was lucky to have the right heroes. Tell me who your heroes are and I’ll tell you how you’ll turn out to be. The qualities of the one you admire are the traits that you, with a little practice, can make your own, and that, if practiced, will become habit-forming.” — Warren Buffett

It can somehow be likened to the phrase, “show me your friends and I will tell you your future” ~ John Kuebler

Who are my heroes, mentors? Who do I look up to for guidance? Who do I admire and aspire to be like, each day?

Am I leaning or tilting towards nihilism or emptiness? Is my personality getting shaped for better or for worse? Am I moving on and making incremental progress despite setbacks or I am disappointed in life and all it has to offer?

Answering these questions will not only make me aware of the good or bad effect my circles of friends have had on me, and allow me the opportunity to filter the “wheat from the tares”, but will help me make a decision on the right step towards the right direction.

People! Constantly ask yourself these questions so you would know if you are with the right persons of influence, on the right path, and moving towards the right direction. Otherwise, you would be stock (not knowing what to do next or how to make a U-turn in the event you discover you have made a mistake), and getting stock is not a pretty experience for anyone. You do not want to experience this.

Stop hating yourself or beating yourself up. You can do it! You can get there! Hook yourself up with the right people. Have someone you can lay bare your thoughts to, someone you will not be ashamed to be open to, and they can willingly and gladly guide you towards the right direction. Would you?


Hook yourself up...! - 83
You can write comments at the bottom of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment